Three FAH member company executives were named to Modern Healthcare’s 2019 50 Most Influential Clinical Executives program.
The 2019 50 Most Influential Clinical Executives list honors physician, nursing and medical leaders in the health care industry who are recognized by their peers as outstanding in their field.
The FAH member Executives named to the list are:
- Dr. Jonathan Perlin, President of clinical services and chief medical officer, HCA Healthcare
- As the magazine highlighted, “Perlin oversees a corporate team at investor-owned HCA of 400 physicians, nurses, data scientists and researchers. He also has executive responsibility for HCA’s 45,000 physicians, 95,000 nurses and 35,000 other health professionals. He plays an integral role in spreading best practices across the organization. That includes a program that uses artificial intelligence to reduce sepsis rates, credited with saving nearly 9,000 lives since 2013.”
- Jane Englebright, Senior vice president and chief nursing executive, HCA Healthcare
- Modern Healthcare noted of Englebright, “As head of the CNO Council, she plays an integral role in shaping the for-profit chain’s nursing agenda, including shaping future leaders and setting clinical outcomes. Earlier this year, HCA pledged to invest money it saved from the tax reform law into staff benefits, including tuition reimbursement and loan repayment. A lot of that investment will be geared toward nurses.
- Dr. Tony Tedeschi, CEO, Detroit Medical Center, Tenet Healthcare Corporation
- When explaining why Dr. Tedeschi made the list, the magazine said, “He has 20-plus years of experience in operational and clinical leadership positions. Earlier this year, DMC announced plans to add 79 slots to its graduate medical education program. DMC currently has more than 100 residency and fellowship positions. Adding that many positions at once is rare for hospitals given the costs, but the system did so in hopes of meeting primary-care needs in the Detroit area.”
For a full list of honorees on Modern Healthcare’s 2019 50 Most Influential Clinical Executives program click here.