The Federation of American Hospitals (FAH), founded in 1966, is the national representative of more than 1,000 tax-paying community hospitals and health systems throughout the United States. Our members include hospitals in urban and rural America, as well as inpatient rehabilitation, psychiatric, long-term acute care and cancer hospitals. These tax-paying hospitals account for nearly 20% of U.S. hospitals and serve their communities proudly while providing high-quality health care to their patients.
FAH provides a unique perspective to health care policymakers. We and our members are steadfast advocates of a market-based health care system, which benefits patients by continually providing high-quality, comprehensive care through innovation.
Since its inception, FAH has worked diligently to provide the expertise and insight of its members to federal legislators and regulators, as well as to other stakeholders, the general public and the media.
The Federation of American Hospitals represents leading tax-paying hospitals and health care systems to advance public policy, ensuring patients & communities have access to high-quality & affordable health care.
An America in which every patient receives the right health care when & where they need it.
Our Values & Strategic Goals
- High-quality & affordable health services across the care continuum
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Patient choice of provider & care setting
- Around the clock emergency services & essential crises response
- Competitive & fair payment for health care services
- Tax-paying hospitals contributing to community needs
- Major employers boosting local economies
- Market-based solutions that put patients first
- Equitable health care for all patients across health care settings
As a 501(c)(6) organization, copies of our Form 990 can be found here for public disclosure purposes.