Corris Boyd Leadership Award
Nominations for the 2020 Corris Boyd Award is now open. Click here for the Nomination Form.
The Federation of American Hospitals established this award to honor the late Corris Boyd, whose vision of building a better way to live and work through leadership and diversity was embodied in the many accomplishments for which he is known. The Corris Boyd Leadership and Diversity Award honors an individual or company that has made an outstanding contribution in fostering leadership and workplace diversity in the health care industry.
ABOUT CORRIS BOYD:
Before his untimely death from leukemia in December 2005, Corris Boyd worked with hospital management companies and group purchasing organizations. Corris also served on the Federation of American Hospitals’ Exposition Advisory Committee for many years and was a former chairman of the committee. Corris Boyd committed his life to diversity and excellence in health care. He believed that leadership development is crucial to success and was devoted to the success of minority- and women-owned business enterprises.
Consideration will be given to candidates who have successfully championed equality and promoted understanding of diversity through education, policy development, and creating or leading organizational change. FAH membership is not a requirement for nomination.
Nominations for the 2020 Corris Boyd Award is now open. Nominations must be submitted on or before January 17, 2020. For additional information, please contact Kerry Price at 202-624-1510 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The FAH Exposition Advisory Committee has established the criteria for this award and a selection committee will vote by secret ballot to determine the award recipient.
PAST AWARD RECIPIENTS:
- 2019 Recipient: Deborah Williams, Senior Director of Program Management, Premier, Inc.
- 2018 Recipient: Edmond Hardin, Jr., Senior Vice President for Supply Chain Management, Beaumont Health
- 2017 Recipient: Marsha Powers, Chief Executive Officer, Eastern Region – Coastal Division of Tenet Healthcare
- 2016 Recipient: Sally Hurt-Deitch, RN (center right) Market Chief Executive Officer The Hospitals of Providence Tenet Healthcare Corporation
- 2015 Recipient: Sally Saba, M.D., Executive Director, National Supplier Diversity, Kaiser Permanente
- 2014 Recipient: Toni Y. Silva, MSW, Director, Supplier Relations, UPMC
- 2013 Recipient: Nicholas Tejeda, Chief Executive Officer, Doctors Hospital of Manteca, Tenet Healthcare Corporation
- 2012 Recipient: Dottie Leway, Senior Director, Supply Chain, Community Health Systems
- 2011 Recipient: Lamont Robinson, Senior Director, Supplier Diversity, Novation, LLC
- 2010 Recipient: Darrel Mogilles, Assistant Vice President, HealthTrust Purchasing Group
- 2009 Recipient: Pamela Scott, MBA, Vice President, Supply Chain Management, Baylor Health Care System
- 2008 Recipient: Dennis Robb, Senior Vice President, Supply Chain Management, The Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati
- 2007 Recipient: Ed Jones, Vice President, National Accounts, HealthTrust Purchasing Group