More than 1400 attendees representing hospital management companies and health systems, Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), and health care supplier companies gathered recently in Washington, DC, for the Federation of American Hospitals’ 2017 Public Policy Conference and Business Exposition. The distinguished lineup of speakers included:
- R. Milton Johnson, 2017 FAH Chairman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, HCA
- The Honorable Newt Gingrich, Former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives
Congressional Plenary Session:
- U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) Member, Committee on Appropriations
- U.S. Representative Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) Member, House Energy and Commerce Committee
- U.S. Senator Corey Gardner (R-CO) Republican Senatorial Committee Chairman Member, Committee on the Budget
- U.S. Representative Steny H. Hoyer (D-MD) House Democratic Whip
- U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill (D-MO) Member, Committee on Finance
- Chuck Todd, Host of Meet the Press and MTP Daily
Congressional Staff Panel with Lunch:
- Erin Dempsey, Finance Committee Staff, Office of U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch
- Ashley Palmer, Member Services and Policy Advisor, House Budget Committee
Attendees had the opportunity to attend high-quality educational sessions featuring current trends and issues in the areas of National Accounts, Capital Equipment, Purchased Services, Pharmacy and Supply Chain.
During the FAH Public Policy Conference and Business Exposition the FAH was honored to award the Mike Bromberg Lifetime Achievement Award to Keith Pitts of Tenet Healthcare. Mr. Pitts has worked in the hospital industry for over 40 years and is recognized as one of the most influential figures in our sector. The Corris Boyd Leadership Award, celebrating those who have made an outstanding contribution in fostering leadership in the healthcare industry, was awarded to Ms. Marsha Powers, CEO – Eastern Region – Coastal Division of Tenet Healthcare. Ms. Powers’ division encompasses 10 hospitals spanning South Florida from Miami-Dade to Palm Beach counties. Her dedication to patient care is a big reason why her hospitals have won more than 250 quality awards.
As always, throughout the conference, the FAH Business Exposition served as an invaluable forum for suppliers to meet face-to-face with health care purchasing decision-makers, as well as to network with both current and potential customers. The conference agenda also afforded the opportunity for suppliers to attend informative GPO Breakout sessions and schedule private business meetings with purchasing executives.
Additional information on the 2017 FAH Public Policy Conference and Business Exposition, including the list of Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs) and suppliers who participated, as well as the educational programs and schedule of events, can be found on this website.
The 2018 FAH Public Policy Conference and Business Exposition is scheduled for March 4-6, 2018, at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, DC. Registration and conference information will be available in early Fall 2017. For further information, please contact Kerry Price at 202-624-1510 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you in Washington!