2016 Public Policy Conference and Business Expo Highlights
More than 1300 attendees representing hospital management companies and health systems, Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), and health care supplier companies gathered recently in Washington, DC, for the Federation of American Hospitals’ 2016 Public Policy Conference and Business Exposition. The event also recognized the FAH’s 50th Anniversary.
The distinguished lineup of speakers included:
- Keith Pitts, 2015 Chairman, Federation of American Hospitals, Vice Chairman, Tenet Healthcare Corporation
Congressional Plenary Session:
- Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC), Chairman, U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, Member, Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee and Member, Senate Finance Committee
- Rep. Joseph Crowley (D-NY), Member, House Ways and Means Committee and Vice Chair of the Democratic Caucus
- Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA), House Majority Whip and Member, House Energy and Commerce Committee
- Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), Member, Senate Appropriations Committee
- Andy Slavitt, Acting Administrator, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Bob Schieffer, Former Moderator of Face the Nation and Former CBS News Chief Washington Correspondent
Attendees had the opportunity to attend high-quality educational sessions featuring current trends and issues in the areas of National Accounts, Capital Equipment, Purchased Services, Pharmacy and Supply Chain.
As always, throughout the conference, the FAH Business Exposition served as an invaluable forum for suppliers to meet face-to-face with health care purchasing decision-makers, as well as to network with both current and potential customers. The conference agenda also afforded the opportunity for suppliers to attend informative GPO Breakout sessions and schedule private business meetings with purchasing executives.
Additional information on the 2016 FAH Public Policy Conference and Business Exposition, including the list of Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs) and suppliers who participated, as well as the educational programs and schedule of events, can be found on this website.
The 2017 FAH Public Policy Conference and Business Exposition is scheduled for March 5-7, 2017, at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, DC. Registration and conference information will be available in early Fall 2016. For further information, please contact Kerry Price at 202-624-1510 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you in Washington!