February 14, 2020 | FAH Policy Blog Team
Category: FAH News
Whether your loved one is getting cancer treatment at Willamette Valley Medical Center in Oregon or you need emergency care at Delray Medical Center in Florida – the Federation of American Hospitals (FAH)’s 1,000+ hospitals are a lifeline for patients in communities coast to coast.
Our goal is simple: an America in which every patient receives the right health care when and where they need it.
Our members provide health care services in urban and rural America in a wide range of settings that include everything from inpatient rehabilitation and long-term acute care hospitals to psychiatric and cancer treatment centers.
As an organization, our mission is to advance public policy that ensures patients and communities have access to high-quality and affordable health care.
Our member companies are comprised of leading tax-paying hospitals and health care systems. Together they represent nearly 20% of U.S. hospitals – accounting for nearly 150,000 hospital beds nationwide.
Our facilities don’t just care for the sick and injured, they also contribute to robust local economies. FAH membership employs more than half a million people in 45 states.
These facts reflect the impact of FAH and our member companies. The health care delivery system is changing, and we are in the middle of the transformation.
Because of this the FAH membership recently renewed our purpose with a new mission and vision statement and laid out our values and strategic goals. They include:
- High-quality and affordable care across the care continuum
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Patient choice and care setting
- Around the clock emergency services and essential crisis response
- Fair and competitive payment for health care services
- Tax-paying hospitals contributing to community needs
- Major employers boosting local economies
- Market-based solutions that put patients first
You can learn more about our efforts in each of these areas by clicking here.
“For more than 50 years, job one of FAH has been to work with policymakers to ensure our hospitals are able to provide the highest quality care for all patients. Our facilities are critical resources to the patients and communities we serve,” said Chip Kahn, FAH President and CEO.
- FAH Recommends COVID-19 Waivers for Permanent Policy, Expiration, and Future Blanket Waiver Status
- FAH Promotes Two: Evangelista to SVP, External Affairs and Richardson to SVP, Government Affairs and
- FAH Leader Reacts to House Passage of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Enhancement Act
- FAH Joins Broad Health Care Provider Coalition Urging Congress to Correct Taxation Issues in CARES A