Over the weekend, Modern Healthcare released its annual 100 Most Influential People in Health Care rankings. The Federation is strongly represented with FAH President and CEO Chip Kahn and several member company leaders appearing on the list.
Modern Healthcare’s annual list is a collaboration of both the magazine’s senior editors’ rankings as well as votes from readers and the general public. After a nomination process, readers pick their favorites from a preliminary ballot of 300. As previously reported on the FAH Hospital Policy Blog, six leaders from FAH’s membership were nominated for this year’s list in September.
The rankings released over the weekend encompass both the public vote totals and input from the publication’s senior editors.
The following six FAH leaders have been selected as some of the most influential leaders in the industry for Modern Healthcare’s 2019 list:
- David Dill, President and CEO, LifePoint Health, Brentwood, TN
- Samuel Hazen, CEO, HCA, Nashville, TN
- Chip Kahn, President and CEO, Federation of American Hospitals, Washington, DC
- Alan Miller, Chairman and CEO, Universal Health Services, King of Prussia, PA
- Ronald Rittenmeyer, Executive Chairman and CEO, Tenet Healthcare Corp., Dallas, TX
- Wayne Smith, Chairman and CEO, Community Health Systems, Franklin, TN
Chip Kahn is one of only three people who have appeared on the list since its inception in 20001. Modern Healthcare recognized Chip for his “continued efforts to shape policy to advance health care quality and information technology in Washington.”
You can see Modern Healthcare’s 2019 100 Most Influential People in Health Care list in its entirety by clicking here.
Congratulations to all of the leaders honored this year.