December 07, 2020 | FAH Policy Blog Team
Category: FAH News
Modern Healthcare released its annual 100 Most Influential People in Health Care rankings. The Federation is represented with President and CEO Chip Kahn and three member company leaders appearing on the list.
Modern Healthcare’s annual list is a collaboration of both the magazine’s senior editors’ rankings as well as votes from readers and the general public. After a nomination process, readers pick their favorites from a preliminary ballot of 300.
The rankings encompass both the public vote totals and input from the publication’s senior editors.
The following four FAH leaders appeared on Modern Healthcare’s 2020 list:
- Samuel Hazen, CEO, HCA, Nashville, TN
- Chip Kahn, President and CEO, Federation of American Hospitals, Washington, DC
- Ronald Rittenmeyer, Executive Chairman and CEO, Tenet Healthcare Corp., Dallas, TX
- Wayne Smith, Chairman and CEO, Community Health Systems, Franklin, TN
Chip Kahn is one of only two people who have appeared on the list since its inception in 2001. Modern Healthcare recognized Chip for his efforts to “advocate for healthcare quality improvement and continued funding” amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
You can see Modern Healthcare’s 2020 100 Most Influential People in Health Care list in its entirety by clicking here.
Congratulations to all the leaders honored this year.
- FAH Leader Reacts to President Biden’s National COVID Strategy
- FAH Congratulates New President, Vice President; Looks Forward to Working Toward “Shared Goals”
- Podcast: Building Biden’s Health Agenda with Chris Jennings & Doug Badger
- FAH Leader: Biden’s Vaccination Plan Demonstrates “Presidential Leadership”