April 30, 2019 | FAH Policy Blog Team
Category: Hearings, Legislation
This morning Congress will hold it’s first ever hearing on the topic of Medicare for All.
A wide range of witnesses are scheduled to testify before the Rules Committee this morning, but the big question remains - will we get real answers about the devastating effects Medicare for All would have on families across the country?
Before lawmakers entertain the idea of forcing patients into an untested system that will disrupt care for every American, here are some of the facts we hope they will address today:
- Estimated Price Tag - $32 trillion over 10 years
- Ends employer-sponsored health insurance for more than 180 million Americans
- Repeals Medicare & Medicaid
- Threatens children’s health insurance programs
- Ends Medicare Advantage
- Limits access to care by drastically cutting hospital funding
- Leads to massive tax hikes on almost all Americans
- Leads to longer wait times for essential medical care
Hospitals have long been committed to assuring that everyone has access to high quality, affordable health coverage, but Medicare for All or a Public Option aren’t the ways to accomplish that goal. We hope that after the facts come out at today’s hearing – lawmakers will agree.
- FAH Appreciates Congress Addressing Rising Drug Costs
- FAH Leaders Nominated for Modern Healthcare’s “100 Most Influential” List – Vote Now!
- Public Charge Rule Could Have Chilling Effect on Access to Care
- REPORT: A Medicare Public Option Puts Majority of Rural Hospitals at Risk