During the darkest days of the pandemic, one of the brightest lights was the tireless dedication of our nation’s nurses.
They deliver excellent care coast to coast – 24/7/365. Their important work cannot be overstated, especially during this past year, earning them the rightful title reflected in this year’s Nurses Week theme: “Celebrating the Frontline Warrior.”
As the theme for this week suggests, these nurses, who make up most of a majority of health care workers across the United States, have been warriors and heroes for many in their local communities. As one of the most trusted professions over the last two decades, nurses across this Unites States have spent the last year battling against COVID-19. It is the commitment of these hospital workers that make it all possible.
This year we want to highlight the dedication of five nurses from FAH member companies whose patients and co-workers recognized them for showing exceptional care and dedication at the bedside:
- Natalie Belezzuoli, BSN, RN for Labor and Delivery, Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center, San Luis Obispo, California
- Sheila and Alyssa Felton, Mother/Daughter Registered Nurses, Shoals Hospital & North Alabama Medical Center, Muscle Shoals & Florence, Alabama
- Elisa Green, Advance Practicing Nurse, Saint Clare’s Health, Morris County, New Jersey
- Roxanna Hinojosa, Registered Nurse, Mission Regional Medical Center, Mission Texas
- Stephanie Holder, RN, Emergency Department (ED) Nurse, Southern Regional Medical Center, Riverdale, Georgia
You can read more about each of their stories here.
The FAH and its member hospitals are proud to join other health care industry leaders to celebrate the critical care these nurses and thousands of others provide for patients every day.
We urge everyone to track National Nurses Week on Social Media with the hashtag #NationalNursesWeek.